Welcome to the starrkingschool.net detailed page on WJ Generation Jeep cool Cherokee antenna removal. We have organized together much info as we could find into a helpful post below. Is something untrue or missing? Please call us and we’ll resolve it!
1. Disconnect and isolate the battery negative cable.
You are watching: 2004 jeep grand cherokee antenna replacement
2. Remove the scuff plate indigenous the right front door sill. The sill trim molding is organized in place with molded in snap retainers. Utilizing a trim stick C-4755 or equivalent, very closely pry increase one edge of the sill trim. Master the leaf of the trim and pull up gently to relax the snap retainers.
3. Eliminate the trim dashboard from the ideal inner cowl next by removed the screws attaching the cowl trim come the floor. Remove the plastic nut. Grasp cowl trim and also pull external to different from clip.
4. Reach under the passenger next of the instrument panel close to the best cowl next inner dashboard to disconnect the antenna coaxial cable connector by pulling it apart while twisting the steel connector halves. Do not pull on the cable.
5. Remove the reduced rear half of the within liner from the best front fender wheel house. This may require removing only one or two of the plastic rivets. The rivets have the right to be reduced off by sliding a knife under the head, or by drilling out v the center of the optimal with a drill. For an ext information on the plastic rivets view Grille and fascia removal.
6. Reach through the behind of the ideal front fender wheel house opening to accessibility and unseat the antenna lead grommet native the feet in the right cowl side outer panel.
7. Traction the antenna command coaxial cable and also connector out of the passenger compartment and into the best front fender wheel residence through the hole in the appropriate cowl side external panel.
8. Unscrew the antenna mast from the antenna base.
9. Remove the plastic shroud from the antenna base lid nut.
10. Eliminate the antenna base cap nut making use of an antenna nut wrench (Special device C-4816).
11. Remove the antenna escutcheon indigenous the antenna base on the peak of the ideal front fender.
12. Reduced the antenna basic from the mounting hole in the optimal of the right front fender.
13. Eliminate the antenna base and lead indigenous the behind of the best front fender wheel house opening.
1. Position the antenna base and lead into the behind of the ideal front fender wheel house opening.
2. Insert the antenna base right into the mounting hole in the peak of the ideal front fender.
3. Download the antenna escutcheon top top the antenna base on the peak of the right front fender.
4. Install and also tighten the antenna base lid nut using an antenna seed wrench (Special tool C-4816). Tighten the lid nut come 6.8 N·m (60 in. Lbs.).
5. Install the plastic shroud top top the antenna base lid nut.
6. Utilizing a wrench, install and also tighten the antenna mast onto the antenna base. Tighten the antenna mast to 3.3 N·m (30 in. Lbs.).Ensure the the antenna mast is completely seated on antenna base and also that over there is no gap between the mast and also base.
7. Reach v the behind of the appropriate front fender wheel home opening to accessibility and insert the antenna lead coaxial cable and also connector into the passenger compartment through the feet in the ideal cowl side external panel.
8. Indigenous the appropriate front fender wheel house, seat the antenna command grommet right into the feet in the appropriate cowl side external panel.
See more: Do Nfl Players Get Free Tickets To Games? Supplemental And Club Ticket Terms And Conditions
9. Install the lower rear half of the inside liner right into the right front fender wheel house.