« Christmas in July Party Centerpiece |Main| Sailboat Deviled Eggs: Nautical Theme and Clambake concepts »
July 29, 2013
Jolene asked theParty Girl:
How carry out you calculate just how much beat tofix for her party? We’re having actually a party for our mother who will be turning 90soon. There may be 50-100 guests for an open up house, probably 60-75 is morelikely. How much punch have to we get?
Jolene, you’retalking to the ideal girl since I LOVE PUNCH. No kidding. Love punch. Love punch. I can drink 15-20 glasses of beat at onego. However for those of her guests that partake of your punch in moderation,there is a much easier method to calculation the amount friend will should serve themall.
1. An averageguest will drink about two glasses of punch in the an initial hour of her party andone glass for every succeeding hour. Soif her party is four hours long, expect the typical guest to have around fiveglasses the punch.
2. A glass ofpunch varieties from 4-8 ounces relying on the size of her punch glass. you will desire to recognize what lot yourparticular glasses will hold, however for the functions of this example, let’s saymy glasses will hold 4 ounces. So if a guest drinks 5 4 oz glasses ofpunch, they will certainly drink 20 ounces of liquid over the course of the party.
You are watching: How many gallons of punch for 50
3. (Let’s keepgoing v the mathematics here…) If ns have between 50-100 guests at a four hourparty, now all I need to do is multiply the number of guests time the numbereach the them will certainly drink time the lot of ounces in every drink. below are the calculations because that 50, 75, or 100guests:
50 guest x 5 drinks x 4 ounces = 1000ounces of punch
75 guests x 5 drinks x 4 ounces =1500ounces the punch
100 guest x 5 drinks x 4 ounces = 2000ounces the punch
4. Now, there isno method I’m measuring the number of ounces of punch, therefore I need to divide mytotal number of ounces by 128 (which is the number of ounces in one gallon ofpunch. Much easier!
1000 ounces that punch/128 ounces = 7.8gallons (so round to 8 gallons that punch)
1500 ounces of punch/128 ounces = 11.7gallons (so round to 12 gallons the punch)
2000 ounces the punch/128 ounces = 15.6gallons (so ring to 15.5 gallons that punch)
Tips to save in mind…
1. If girlfriend haveother drinks available, choose an open bar or a cooler complete of mr andbrewskies, some of your guest may select not come drink the punch, or castle willdrink less because they may select to drink other beverages. Make certain to adjust your full punch amount,reducing by 1-2 glasses per guest.
2. If your punch is alcoholic, suppose yourguests to have 1-2 fewer glasses end the course of the party.
3. If you areserving a lot of food at her party (like appetizers or a complete dinner), expectyour guest to drink more. increase thepunch lot by 1-2 drink per guest.
See more: How Much Does A Banana Weigh In Grams, How Much Does A Banana Weight
4. I always over prepare, so i buy an ext than Ineed. who knows? There might be 10 peoplewho drink punch prefer I do, 20 glasses ata time! therefore buy extra, and make batches separately as the party progresses. Thisis also a great idea if you’re having an open house over the course of the daybecause the punch stays fresh. ~ the party, simply return leftover fixins youdon’t use.